The CTS New Catholic Bible will lead you through the same English texts that the Church uses at each Mass, with notes and introductions edited by Scripture expert Dom Henry Wansbrough OSB.
This Standard Edition of The CTS New Catholic Bible is suitable for all purposes; an attractive and durable hardback volume that will suit scripture study and private reading, while also making an excellent gift, including for First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
The CTS New Catholic Bible contains:
• Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised by the Vatican for use in the Liturgy
• Specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
• Specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
• Footnotes following the latest scholarship
• Marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage
• A clearer layout – using modern fonts in easy-to-read single-column format
• Text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Pope Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
• Directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary
Text sizes in this edition: 8pt text (6pt for footnotes).
Size: 120mm by 180mm
No. Pages: 2260
top of page
Product Page: Stores_Product_Widget
bottom of page